Four Layer Delight is great dessert for any time of year. You can easily change the flavor by substituting a different pudding in place of the butterscotch (we also like chocolate a lot).” Each of the layers needs only two to three ingredients and you can take advantage of shortcuts like ready-made whipped topping and instant pudding and pie filling.
There can be lots of variation with the pudding flavors, our family likes the coconut cream and chocolate version, but you can substitute the pudding layer for just about anything, including lemon pudding or curd, cherry pie filling, blueberry pie filling, or whatever flavor you really like
Four Layer Delight is a great recipe! Instead of browning the crust, simply crush a bag of Pecan Sandies cookies and mix with a cup of melted butter to form a “crust”.
Ingredients for Four Layer Delight:
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/8 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, cream together margarine with 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar. Mix in flour and 1 cup pecans. Press into prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes, until very lightly browned. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, cream together cream cheese with remaining 1 cup confectioners’ sugar. Fold in half the whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
- Stir together pudding mix and milk and allow to set up slightly. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with remaining nuts. Keep refrigerated.
Per Serving: 343 calories; 20.6 g fat; 35.2 g carbohydrates; 4.4 g protein; 20 mg cholesterol; 333 mg sodium.
Recipe by: JTEXAS