It’s extremely easy, made in one small bowl without a mixer, and your Chocolate Mug Cake is ready in one minute 😉 People say this One Minute Chocolate Mug Cake is the best mug cake they’ve ever tried… and it can even be made in the microwave! Feel free to change up the flavor by adding shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, mini chocolate chips, or a few drops of pure peppermint extract to the batter. And you can frost the cake however you wish.
Ingredients for One Minute Chocolate Mug Cake:
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp spelt, white, oat, or gf ap flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar, unrefined if desired (or xylitol for sugar-free)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch uncut stevia OR 1 more tbsp sugar
- 2-3 tsp coconut or vegetable oil (Many commenters have said it still tastes good if you sub applesauce or mashed banana. I can’t personally vouch for that substitution.)
- 3 tbsp milk of choice, such as almond milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine dry ingredients and mix very, very well. Add liquid, stir, then transfer to a little dish, ramekin, or even a coffee mug. Either microwave 30-40 seconds OR cook in a 350F oven for about 14 minutes. If you don’t want to eat it straight out of the dish, be sure to spray your dish first (and then wait for it to cool before trying to remove it). Frosting ideas are listed above in the post!